Circles Under the Eyes. Blue, Brown, Sunken…
It is believed that dark circles under the eyes appear with age, but this is not always the case.
Why do circles appear under the eyes?
Often, circles under the eyes are due to the insufficient functioning of the lymphatic system and microcirculation around the eye area. At no more than 0.6mm, the skin under the eyes is very thin. So often we can see the capillaries that lay very close under the translucent skin. With age, the microcirculation of blood around the eyes slows down and the walls of the capillaries weaken. In turn, this slows down the backflow of blood into the vessels. As a result, dark circles appear under the lower eyelids.
Types of dark circles:
|Thin skin under the eyes become transparent; the capillaries become clearly visible and give the skin a bluish shadow.||Appear due to the excess of melanin, which can show through the thin skin, resulting in brown circles under the eyes.||Circles are the result of skin aging, fatigue, and stress. All of these conditions lead to a decrease in the amount of collagen in the skin.|
To clarify, the causes of the appearance of circles under the eyes can be from external factors: fatigue, stress, smoking, alcohol, lack of sleep and excessive exposure to the sun.
But also, internal factors: heredity, intolerance to gluten and other foods, allergies,excessive use of spices, chronic fatigue, chronic diseases, and unprofessional injections of dermal fillers.
How to fix the situation?
What you can do:
- If you have a gluten intolerance, you need to exclude foods containing gluten.
- Limit, or even better avoid any alcohol and smoking.
- Go to bed no later than 11pm and sleep enough hours.
- Always remove makeup thoroughly in the evening and use a professional eye cream.
- The intake of Magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D helps as well.
- Lymphatic drainage massage around the eyes.
The professional treatments we recommend to help eradicate dark circles under the eyes:
- Lymphatic drainage facial massage.
- Sunken eyes can be corrected by injecting Hyaluronic acid under the eyes and in the cheekbones.
- Mesotherapy injections and Microneedling.
- Blue and Brown circles can be improved with light Chemical Peels.
- Eye creams with retinol and Hyaluronic acid.
In conclusion, I would like to say that if you combine professional treatments and follow at least some of our recommendations, you will see the result soon.